Bone broth is one of those staples that we keep fully stocked around the homestead. It’s for everyone… Karl, Klaire, myself & even the dogs have their fair share. We call it “liquid gold” around here.
Why drink bone broth? Why make bone broth yourself?
1. Nutrient Loaded
Think vitamins, minerals, gelatin, amino acids, antioxidants – I could go on & on with this list. Crazy to think about how many nutrients are packed into this liquid gold.
2. Easy to Make
I am about to share with you just how simple it is… Get ready. Even if you don’t have an Instant Pot (which you should), you can easily make on the stove top in a stock pot – just takes longer.
3. Keeps you Looking & Feeling Young
Those words alone speak for themselves, right?! Your body, skin, hair, nails, & joints will all thank you.
4. Budget Friendly
Of all the reasons, this is my personal favorite. I know there are excellent, top quality bone broths out there to buy, pre-made, but I’ll take making my own to save money any day, every day, ya’ll!
Here’s how I make Homestead Chicken Bone Broth in our Instant Pot:
Bones (I always use chicken bones that are leftover from our roasted chicken of the week)
Assorted Vegetables (I toss in carrots, celery stalks, onions, and fresh garlic cloves)
Apple Cider Vinegar (I use about 1-2 Tbsp)
Sea Salt (I use 1-2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan)
Filtered Water (only Berkey water will do for us)
- Toss bones in Instant Pot and top with vegetables, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
- Add in water until the pot is about 2/3 full – basically, cover the bones & veggies.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 90 minutes.
- After the 90 minutes have elapsed, allow the Instant Pot to depressurize naturally or carefully, release the pressure on your own.
- Strain & pour cooled broth into glass jars and store in the fridge or freezer.
Believe me, your fridge/freezer should NEVER be without this liquid gold, y’all!
Till next time…