Paleo, grain free, low-carb, keto… No matter how you label them, these fluffy pancakes are DELICIOUS!
I find that I am constantly trying to make classic, comfort dishes healthier. Maybe it has something to do with becoming a mama or maybe I just like to indulge without having all the guilt? Either way, you’ve got to try these pancakes, y’all! It was a tough job (many pancake mornings were involved), but Klaire & I have perfected this recipe just for you!
As you can see, our sweet Klaire Marie can’t keep her hands off of them – literally. 🙂
Want to know how to make a batch? Here’s how I make my Fluffy Grain Free Banana Pancakes:
1 large green tip banana
2 eggs (farm fresh for us)
2 tsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda (this one is aluminum free)
1/8 tsp salt (Celtic or Pink Himalayan)
Optional add ins – blueberries, coconut shreds, etc.
- Mash up banana with fork. Like really mash it up good, y’all!
- Whisk in eggs & vanilla.
- Stir in coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, coconut shreds & salt.
- Spoon out into a greased pan heated over medium low.
- Gently press a few blueberries on top before flipping. You’ll know they are ready to flip when you start to see little bubbles on the surface of the pancakes.
- Flip & continue to cook for a couple minutes over low heat.
- Store in a warm oven until ready to enjoy!
Now, we are all about pure, simple ingredients with LOTS of flavor. This hit the spot every time. We like to serve ours with ghee & pure Canadian maple syrup, of course! If we are having them during the week, Klaire & I typically eat ours with a fried egg on the side. If I cook them up on a weekend morning, we get really fancy & add a side of nitrate-free, thick cut bacon!! Yum!
Please, feel free to add in chocolate chips, other berries, or just eat them plain. Whatever you’re in the mood for! They’ll make the perfect addition to your holiday season breakfast table.
Till next time…